Reporting with SQL Reporting Tools
This two-day course covers the fundamentals of accessing your GIS data with special queries and without GIS tools. Harness the power of the attributes by learning to filter your data with queries or write reports and do analysis without needing ArcMap. Give your customers access to reports they run when they want from a web browser without asking for your assistance. This class covers how to install the SQL reporting tools that come with a standard ArcGIS install. You will learn how to write SQL query statements using ST_Geometry to apply spatial analysis tools such as buffer, intersect and union. The results can be used in reports displayed on web pages, or used in query layers within ArcMap. The relatively easy steps to get you started will open new doors into your GIS data!
This course is for power users of ArcMap. Typical users of SQL reporting tools are data managers, GIS Analysts or Senior Analysts looking to increase the usability of GIS data by reaching new customers who are not ArcMap users. Students will be expected to have some SQL language familiarity, but step-by-step instructions will carry you through the exercises, regardless.
Prerequisites and recommendations
Participants should be very comfortable using ArcMap and navigating network connections. Some familiarity with SQL language will be beneficial.
- Understand SQL statements
- Query features using logical expressions
- Understand ST_Geometry tools
- Find features using spatial relationships in a SQL query
- Understand SQL Reporting
- Create web reports
- Understanding SQL statements
- Understanding ST_Geometry in SQL statements
- Writing Query Layers
- Understanding the basics of SQL Server Management Studio
- Writing reports in Microsoft BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio